Thursday, March 26, 2009

Something Funny Happened While I Was Bald

I just felt tonight that I wanted to share something funny that happened to me on my journey, we all know the other side.
While I was going through Chemo, hair already gone, I used to go to Bingo with my mom at the senior center. She sure loved bingo and I love going with her.
The senior center was the first place I decided to remove my hat because it was driving me crazy and I could not take it, not one minute longer. As I took it off and put it on the table my mom looked at me like that's my girl.
I could feel the eyes looking at my shiny bald head but I set there, really wanting to put the hat back on but knowing I had come this far and was not going back.
Later one of my moms friends came up and told her that a friend had ask her " why would such a pretty girl do that to her hair" Now that was funny, I don't care who you are.. More later.
Come on share one of your funnies, we could all use a good laugh... :0)

5 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

I had a lady at the Lincoln Museum tell me she liked my carefree haircut.. I said thank you, but
I thought,
now WHY would anyone think I'd cut my hair like that..It was maybe an inch long.. if that..

LOL

kind of the same story..but backwards
Deena

Debra Facer said...

Hi Deena, It does make me laugh now, I had to laugh out loud because I also had a lady tell me she loved my hair cut, also about one inch long.. So I guess there are at least two people out there that would think we would cut our hair like that...lol.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I was out having a good day shopping and I never left the house without a wig. My husband also was telling me that I don't need to tell anyone it was a wig. This lady comes up to me and goes on and on about how she loves my hair cut and color and what beauty salon do I go to, she has to go there too...etc, etc.
I am thinking about my husband's chiding...but I couldn't lie.
Finally, I had to tell this poor woman, it is a wig.
I laughed so hard going home, because no one ever begged me for my hairdresser when I had my own precious hair!
There is really hilarity in cancer.

Shoal Creek Cottage said...

Hi Ceekay,
They do have the cutest wigs now. I have actually looked at wig web sites for new hair cuts. You should just have given her the name of the wig shop and left it at that..lol..
Thank for sharing!!!

Ashley ~ said...

The funniest thing that comes to my mind is listening to other gals complaining about having a "bad hair day" and thinking to myself......Oh yeah, you ought to try having a "NO hair day" SO MUCH EASIER*! (SMILE) Thanks for the smiles today ya'll. _Ashley*

THE GARDEN OF HOPE

THE GARDEN OF HOPE will be our market place here at the cottage to raise money for the cure. We hope that you will love our homegrowns. The garden has just been planted, with lots of love and nurturing we hope to be able to harvest in beginning to mid October. Please check back, we will be looking for you. Posted by Debra Facer at 12:58 PM 1 comments

A PEAK AT WHO'S GROWING IN THE GARDEN

A PEAK AT WHO'S GROWING IN THE GARDEN
GROWING A LITTLE SLOW DUE TO LACK OF WATER (TIME) BUT WILL BE READY SOON!