Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just A Few Things About Myself

First of all I really am not comfortable talking about myself, I guess it is really not that I am uncomfortable more that I feel who wants to hear about me!
Well I have decided that I have to share a few things so that my post will make sense and not leave you wondering What! Or How?
You all know that I am a TEN year Ovarian Cancer survivor. I first lost grandmother to cancer back when I was only twenty years old; not really understanding what cancer was at the time and not knowing just how much Cancer would effect my life in the years to come.
Twenty five years ago I lost my father-n-law to cancer, then my other grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer at 83, she died at 95 not from cancer. Thirteen years ago I lost my husband to cancer, ten years ago I was diagnosed , then four years ago this Sunday I lost my mom. You see Cancer really does SUCK to me. Okay, I have to take a deep breath, because I am wanting to cry. I hate cancer, it's like having your family murdered and never finding the murderer.
Now for Happy stuff, three months before my mother's sickness started God brought a wonderful man into my life, the kind of man that every woman dreams of. I met this man in May 2002 and my mother got sick in August. Long story short he stood by me the whole time, from five weeks in the hospital, driving me every night, staying with me if I could not leave, to a year at home with hospice, never a complaint,, he was alway there. Most men would have ran, screaming down the road. I love this man. Thank you God.
Because I qualified for my husband's insurance when he passed away I can not remarry until I am 56 or I will lose that insurance; anyone who has had cancer knows how important having health insurance is, so we will wait.
Not only was I blessed with a wonderful man, this man came with two wonderful grown boys. How blessed am I. I have no children of my own so you can imagine how excited I was, first nervous but after meeting them so excited. These two boys are such a gift to me, I love them so much, and if that was not enough, Jason is married to Sara and they have a son Wesly who is 17. Justin will be married this May to Heather, not only two wonderful boys but now two wonderful girls and a grandson. I could not have hand picked five people that I could have loved anymore than I love these five. Thank you God again.
And now as if that was not enough, along comes baby LuLu. Oh be still my heart, me a grandmother of a baby girl. I know I am only a step grandmother, but I am a grandma, and I love that baby girl as if Justin was my own son, or Heather my own daughter.
Now that is not all, I have not talked about this as of yet but can not wait any longer. We are expecting number three, baby Claire any time, yes Jason and Sara are going to have a baby any time, due date is December 30th but they think she will be early. Can you believe it, two baby girls, I do not know if my heart can get any bigger with out exploding.
Jason and Sara have been trying so long to have a baby, after a miscarriage and lots of disappointments our little baby Claire will be here soon, and you have never seen any two people any happier than these two. Thank you God again.
Loosing my mom was the worst thing I have ever been through. Losing my husband was awful, but my mom, loosing her was like loosing my legs, I have had to learn to walk all over again without her. She was my joy, I have had to learn to feel joy again.
I am proof that when God takes something away, he replaces it with something else. I now have a new family to love. Soon TWO new baby girls to focus all this love I have not known what to do with since the loss of my mom, and a new lease on life, a knowing that there is life after such a tremendous loss.
Thank You God. Me

9 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

We are all truly blessed in many ways but our journey to collect those blessings along the way can be bumpy and sometimes just plain Cruel.
Enjoy those babes you have been given to love and cherish.
Kids area blessing from God,Hope he continues to bless you heaps...

Debra Facer said...

Thank you so much Cupcakes, you are so wright. I am so blessed. Hugs Deb

Melinda said...

Debra,

You put into words what I have been unable to describe to anyone since I lost my Mom. I lost my legs, I'm having to learn how to stand again. That's exactly the words I have been searching for. It truly is learning how to stand up again. I never thought losing my Mother was going to be such a blow.

Thank God you have found your way out of this tunnel. Enjoy the blessing you now have, don't look back, look forward and live your life to it's fullest.

Congratulations Grandma!

Melinda

Debra Facer said...

Thank you Melinda, It is hard isnt it, living learning to live with someone that meant so much. I am so blessed to have had the mother I had. I also hope you can find your happness again, its there somtimes you just have to dig a little deeper. Big Hugs Me

Katie said...

As we have discussed, cancer really does suck. Congrats on the new little ones coming into your life and the wonderful blessings that God has brought to you!!!!

Debra Facer said...

Thank you katie, glad to see you today, hope you are doing good. Big Hugs Deb
Hug your grandpa for me.

JasonandSara said...

Deb, we really do not know where to start. Sara and I just read the blog and it meant so much us. You have been a blessing to our family and words cannot describe how much you mean to us. We may not be able to see one another as much as we want to because of our busy schedules but just know that you are always in our hearts and in our thoughts everyday. Sara and I thank you for all the love and support that you have given us. We are truly blessed that Wes and Claire have another grandma in their lives to love them the way that you do. We love you very much.

Love,

Jason and Sara

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Every time I come to your blog, I am amazed by your strength, courage, and outlook on life. You are such an inspiration. laurie

Anonymous said...

Wow Doodie, You are truly blessed. I am so blessed for having a best friend that is so strong and Thankful. I know this time of year is so hard for you and am thinking of you and remembering. I miss you so and am so proud of you. Jelous...You bet! I am waiting for that grandbaby too....LOL. Have a wonderful week girlie and kiss a baby for me.
Love ya tons,
Me

THE GARDEN OF HOPE

THE GARDEN OF HOPE will be our market place here at the cottage to raise money for the cure. We hope that you will love our homegrowns. The garden has just been planted, with lots of love and nurturing we hope to be able to harvest in beginning to mid October. Please check back, we will be looking for you. Posted by Debra Facer at 12:58 PM 1 comments

A PEAK AT WHO'S GROWING IN THE GARDEN

A PEAK AT WHO'S GROWING IN THE GARDEN
GROWING A LITTLE SLOW DUE TO LACK OF WATER (TIME) BUT WILL BE READY SOON!