Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Karen Lost Her Battle

My Day started with some bad news. This morning at 1:10am I got the call, my sister-n-law had lost her battle with ovarian cancer. I am so sad, but at the same time more determined to get the word out. Karen did not find her cancer until it was in the last stages and had spread through her entire body. By the time they did surgery they were unable to remove it all . They had planned chemo but she was never able to build her strength and became infected from the surgery. She was a wonderful person with a big heart and she will be missed terribly, please add her husband and children to you prayer list. And please help me spread the word about Ovarian Cancer and the symptoms. Thank you so much Debra
I had to come back and add that Karen's cancer probably could have been caught sooner but she did not have insurance and could not afford to go to the Dr, she turned 65 in April and was able to go then due to Medicaid but it was to LATE!!! Makes me sick!

12 comments:

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Awww, I am so sorry to hear of your loss! I am keeping you family in my prayers. Cancer touches so many of us in so many different ways. I am a 2 year Cervical cancer survivor, a good friend is a 4 yr Ovarian cancer survivor and I lost my mom to cancer 2 years ago. My heart breaks for you all right now!

Debra Facer said...

Thank you so much Jenn for your nice comment, Congrats on your two years, cancer really does suck. Hugs Deb

Melinda said...

I am so sorry! I will be praying for them and you.

Thanks for your strength and determination to spread the word about this horrible disease.

Melinda

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

So sorry for your loss. This is a dreaded disease and more needs to be done in research.

Debra Facer said...

Thank you all so much for your comments and prayers. Hugs Deb

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm saying prayers for you and your family. It just makes me so deeply sad how many times you and yours have been hit with this horrible disease. I'm so glad you are fighting the battle for yourself and others. God be with you. laurie

Debra Facer said...

Laurie, you are so sweet, thank you for the prayers, sometimes you wonder if it is ever going to stop. We have to all work together to help find a cure. Big Hugs to you and your family. God Bless Deb

Katie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are definately in my prayers!

Debra Facer said...

Hi Katie, thank you for coming by and for all your prayers. I am so sick of cancer. It is a sad day. Big hugs to you Deb

vintagepaletteart said...

Oh.....That just breaks my heart Deb! I am so sorry for your loss.......=o( Prayers going up for your family.

Hugs, Lori

Debra Facer said...

Thank you Lori, It is a big loss, she was a wonderful little lady and will be greatly missed. Thanks for coming by. Hugs Deb

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

so sorry to hear of your loss...My thoughts are most certainly with you.

THE GARDEN OF HOPE

THE GARDEN OF HOPE will be our market place here at the cottage to raise money for the cure. We hope that you will love our homegrowns. The garden has just been planted, with lots of love and nurturing we hope to be able to harvest in beginning to mid October. Please check back, we will be looking for you. Posted by Debra Facer at 12:58 PM 1 comments

A PEAK AT WHO'S GROWING IN THE GARDEN

A PEAK AT WHO'S GROWING IN THE GARDEN
GROWING A LITTLE SLOW DUE TO LACK OF WATER (TIME) BUT WILL BE READY SOON!