Sunday, September 14, 2008

Smelly Day In Paradise

Well all week I counted the days, hours, minutes until this weekend. I had planned a weekend of creating, I seen pumpkins and witches and little candy corn mice dancing in my head.
I do not live at the cottage during the week, it is my weekend sanctuary, the place I go to rest my mind and nap. I love to nap at the cottage, especially in spring and fall when you can have all the doors and windows open, the cool air and the sound of the creek surrounds you and napping has never been so good.
So I load up all my crafting stuff, If you have read some of my other post you know that it has been awhile since my crafting stuff has been loaded up.. And off to the cottage for a wonderful relaxing weekend. NOT!
When we arrived you could smell this smell outside, as we entered the front door, o my goodness it was bad. So bad that I had to go back to my weekday home and come back this morning to investigate. Long story short we spent most of the morning looking, smelling until finally this afternoon we found the source. I am sad to say it was a dead raccoon up under the cottage, although I was so glad to find the smell, I am sad that it was a raccoon.
After removing the poor little guy from under the dinning room floor, and trying to deodorize, there was no time for pumpkins, witches and candy corn mice.. That will have to wait until tomorrow, but I did sneak in a nap. Life is good.
A special thank you to John, our neighbor who came over and actually pulled the raccoon out, it was not an easy or pleasant thing to do. Thank you John..

4 comments:

Enchantments and Giggles said...

Hi Debra - Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will be adding you to my list! It is nice to know I am not alone on the learning curve! LOL! Tan

Enchantments and Giggles said...

Ooh, and sorry about the raccoon! Good luck with the crafting! Isn't it fun and relaxing?!

Summer Gypsy said...

Hi there,
While visiting blogs this early morning, I happened upon your lovely place. So glad I did! The honey and cinnamon powder cure was a real eye opener!!!
Blessings,
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

dgowycmHey My Doodie,
Make some more pumpkins and put a racoon face on one just for the memories...LOL...Love to hear what you are up to daily.
Love ya,
Lojo

THE GARDEN OF HOPE

THE GARDEN OF HOPE will be our market place here at the cottage to raise money for the cure. We hope that you will love our homegrowns. The garden has just been planted, with lots of love and nurturing we hope to be able to harvest in beginning to mid October. Please check back, we will be looking for you. Posted by Debra Facer at 12:58 PM 1 comments

A PEAK AT WHO'S GROWING IN THE GARDEN

A PEAK AT WHO'S GROWING IN THE GARDEN
GROWING A LITTLE SLOW DUE TO LACK OF WATER (TIME) BUT WILL BE READY SOON!